Saturday, November 24, 2012


Lesson A: Family Gripes
1.Family obligations1. Jeff.  When I was   When I was young, my parents never let me watch TV.
Paul. Really? Why not?
Jeff. They wanted me to read books and to change my imagination, not just watch TV.
Paul. My parents were pretty easygoing about watching TV.
Jeff. What do you mean?
Paul. Well, they just made me do my homework first. Then I could watch all the TV I wanted.
2. Liz. I heard you broke your arm. What happened ?
Kaya.: My grandmother asked me use a lifhtbulb in the celing fan. I lost my balance and fell off a ladder.
Liz.Ouch! What did your doctor say?
Kaya.: He told me clean home for a week.
Liz. Yeah.And you should get someone do you next time.
3.Kyle. I hate Mondays!
Naomi. Me too. They’re the worst.
Kyle.Yeah, Monday is when my mom has me stay the entire house.
Naomi. Really? By yourself? My brother always helps me do my chores.
Kyle. Well, my little sister never helps. My mom just lets her play video games all day!
Naomi. That’s not fair!
2.Gripes and grumbles.1. My brother loves anchovies.
He can’t get me to try one.
2.My father is pretty strict.
He always have me come home early.
3.My parents want me to be a painist.
They make me practice everyday.
4.My sister is always watching TV.
She never let me have the remote.
5.My daughter is always on her cell phone.
She always  want me to pay the all.
6.My mom never has enough time to cook.
She often ask me to prepare dinner.
7.My kids don't like to clean.
They rarely help me wash the dishest.
8.My grandfather cant hear very well.
He always tell me to speak lounder.
3. About you.1. My parents want me to go to a really competitive college.
2. My best friend often asks me to prepare dinner.
3. Our English teacher sometimes has us finish their homework early.
4. I always tell my friend to do more exererse.
5. I cant get my family members to spend more time with me.
6.Parents shouldn’t let their kids do homework.
7. My friends help me clean the hour.
8. I cant make my parents wash the dishes.
Lesson B. Family memories:
1.My family tree.1.My sister, Melissa, is the most talented member of my immediate family. She’s great musician.
2.My mother’s sister,Jessica, is my aunt. I’m Jessica’s nephew.
3.Jessica’s husband, Max,is my mother’s brother –in- law and my uncle.
4. Max and Jessica’s son, Evan,is my cousin.
5.Evan is my mother’s only niece.
6. My parents got divorced when I was 12. My father later married Helena. She’s my stepmother.
7. My father and his second wife had twin boys, Keith and Noah. They’re my half brother.
8.With Helena, Keith, and Noah, I grew up in a blended family.
9.Helena has a daughter from her first marriage. Her name is Kristen. She’s my father’s stepdaughter.
10. my great grandmother I rene, is the oldest member of my extended family. She’s my grandmother’s mother.
2.When I was a kid,...Tia. Hi, Mom. What are you looking at?
Mom. I’m looking at some old pictures from when I was a kid.
Tia. Cool.Who’s this boy?
Mom. That's my friend Jay. He used to live next door to me. We would spend every day together in the summer.
Tia. Really? Doing what?
Mom. We used to love to ride bikes. We would bring our lunches and spend the whole day riding in the woods.
Tia. Cool. What else?
Mom. Well, we would go fishing , and my mom used always to cook whatever fish we caught.
Tia. It sounds like you had a lot of fun.
3. About you.1. F When I was a kid, I used to go to the movies on Saturdays.
- I didn't use to go to the movies on Saturdays, I would play with my brother.
2. F Our neighbors used to have a pet rabbit.
3. T I used to hate pizza.
4. f My parents used to make me go to bed before 9:00.

Lesson C. If you ask me,..
1.What’s your opinion ?- The percentage of obese children and adolescents has doubled in the last 20 years.
1.If you ask me, children and adolescents don't exercise enough these days.
- 90% of British teens learns no foreign languages after the age of 16.
2. I don't think British teens learn no foreign language before the age of 16.
- Surveys show South Korean teens get a new cell phone every 16 months.
3.If seems to me that.
- Most Japanese high schools don't allow their students to hold part-time jobs.
4. If seems to me their students allow to hold part-time jobs.
- The United States has the world’s highest divorce rate.
5.If seems like divorce has the world’s highest.
- Canadians are now sending 3.4million text messages per day, or a total of 95.5 million every month.
6. I think now sending more than.
2. I agree.1. Bruno.  I think there’s a lot of pressure on young couples these days.
You I agree with you.
Bruno. They work longer hours and still lont make much money.
You definitely.
2.Salma , If you ask me, our teachers give us too much homework.
You absolutely I never have any time to spend with my family.
Salma. And we never get a break. We-even get homework over school vacations.
You you’re right.
3.Ciara. It seems like a lot of elderly people live alone.
You That’s true.
Ciara. Its terrible when families don't invite elderly relatives to live with them.
You Oh I know.
3. Don’t you agree?A
1. I think kids need cell phones these days.
- Definitely, I think they’re good in an emergency.
2. If you ask me, movie tickets cost too much.
- Absolutely, movie tickets cost too much.
3. It seems to me they people eat too much fast food.
- I think the are very hungry.
4. I think everyone should learn a second language.
- Definitely, We should learn Korean language.
5. I don’t think people take enough vacation time.
- That’s true.They should take a vacation.
Lesson D. Childhood memories.
Gripes from a househusband.
Nag b.
a.Talk loudly  b. Ask repeatedly  c. Laugh quetly
Great-niece a.
Your favorite niece  b.your niece’s mother  c. Your niece’s daughter
To top it all off c.
The final and worst problem is  b. Fortunately  c. One good thing is
Homebody a.
a.someone who doesn't like to go out  b. a housekeeper  c. a personal chef
      5. pitch in c.
    a. go and play  b. cook  c. help out
C:
1.How many children does Mario have?
- He has three children.
2.How many of Mario’s nieces and nephews are coming for dinner ?
- Eight kids are coming for dinner.
3.Who used to do the grocery shopping?
- His hife would do the grocery shopping.
4.Why is Mario upset with his wife this time?
- Tonight is my life tennis club party.
5.What is mario going to do to get ready?
- She’d get the kids to pitch in and clean up while she started dinner forms.
March 8:
 I just bought some lemonade from some kids on the corner near my apartment. It brought back so many memories! When I was a kid, I used to make lemonade with my brother . We’d set up  a stand in front of our house and sell the lemonade to people walking down the street. In those days, we didn't worry about money, and me drank more lemonade than we sold. Nowadays , I still remember the lesson that experience taught me-don’t  drink your  profits! I don't think we ever made any money, but it sure was a lot of fun. Today we have air conditioning, but I still like a cold cup lemonade on a hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment