Saturday, November 24, 2012

 Lesson A: Healthy food 
1.A bag and a can1. In the United States, you can buy a bottle of milk or a box milk.
2. In Thailand, you can buy a can of curry paste or a jar of curry paste.
3. In Japan, you can buy a carton of crackers or a bag of crackers.
4. In Australia, you can buy a package of asparagus or a jar of asparagus.
5. In Colombia, you can buy a can of coffee or a bag of coffee.
6. In France, you can buy a bag of soup or a box of soup.
2.What did Selena buy?1. a jar of olives
2. a backage of eggs
3. a can of bash
4. a carton of
5. a bag of fresh foods
6. a jar of tomato
7. a bottle of sool
8. a bag of potato chips
3. A lot or a little?Hmm... we only have a few / a little cheese left in the refrigerator. I guess I’ll get some more. And there’s not many / not much butter left, either, so I’ll get some of that, too. I don’t think that there are many / much oranges left in the fruit bowl, and I know my roommate likes bananas, so I’ll get both. He’s such a picky eater. He eats very few / very little vegetables, but I should get a few / a little cucumbers, at least. U”m... the ice-cream section... I really want to eat fewer / less ice cream, but maybe I can buy a light, fat-free kind  with fewer / less calories in it. Well, I think that’s all I need....
4. About you.1. There are very few apples in my refrigerator.
2. I try to eat less      every day.
3. I had a few cucumbers yesterday.
4. I’m eating a little ice cream these days.
5. There’s fewer plate in my cupboard.
6. I eat very little milk than I used to.
Lesson B: A question of taste
1.Prepared foods- baked, roast, smoked, fried, steamed
+ barbecued, boiled, raw, pickled, grilled
2. Smoked bread?
          1. smoked - cheese  
          2. raw - fish                                                                                                         
                 - turkey                     - eggs
                 - fish                      - vegetables    
3. boiled – noodles           4. steamed - rice
               - eggs                           - vegetables
               - potatoes                       - pizza
5. fried – noodles              6. barbecued - fish
 - turkey                                      - beef
 - chicken                                          - lamb
  7. pickled – cabbage
                 - onions
                 - cucumbers
3. Too much rice.1. Marth got too much rice and not enough meat.
2. Sheile ate too many cupcakes!
    She often eats enough dessert.
3. This coffee costs too many
     It’s too expensive.
4. Taro drank the sour lemonade too fast.
5. The soup’s not hot enough
    And there’s too salt in it.
6. Alice didn’t take the turkey out early enough. Now she won’t have too much food for dinner.
4. About you1. Do you eat a lot of snacks-do you eat too many? I eat three snaks a day.
 2. Do you eat enough vegetables every day? I eat enough vegetables every day
3. Do you ever feel too full after eating a meal? I don’t eating a meal
4. Do you exercise too much-at least twice a week? I
5. Do you eat enough for lunch so you don’t need a snack later? I eat enough for
6. Do you ever eat meals enough quickly and feel sick?
7. Do you drink too much water- at least 2 liters? I drink water in 2 liters
8. Do you think you eat too fried foods? I eat too fried foods.



Lesson C: Whatever you’re having.
1.Either way is fine.
Brent. I’m going to cook dinner tonight, so what would you like? Chicken or steak?
Imani. Well, you’re the cook, so whichever is easier for you.
Brent,No, I want you to choose. I got to decide last night’s dinner menu.
Imani, Well, you know, I really like both, so either one is fine.
Brent. Ok, I’ll cook the chicken. How do you want it tonight? Fried or grilled?
Imani. Oh, either way is fine. I’m sure whatever you cook will be delicious.
Brent. Ok, I’ll grill it. Now, what do you want to drink?
Imani. Oh, whatever you’re having. You know me, anything is fine.
Brent. Well, you’re certainly easy to please!
Imani. I try.
2. Whatever you want.Friend: Do you want to eat out or get takeout later tonight?
You. Oh, I don’t care. Whatever you prefer.
Friend. Ok, let’s go out. Do you prefer Mexican or Indian food?
You. Either way is fine. Whatever you’re having.
Friend. Well, I know this great Mexican restaurant. I’ll make reservations. 7:00 or 8:00?
You. On, I don,t no Either way is fine.
Friend. Oh, let’s make it 7:30. Now, should we drive or take the subway?
You. Either way is fine. Wichever is easier for you.
Friend.  Well, driving is easier, so should we take your car or mine?
You. Either way is fine. Wichever is easier for you.
Friend. All right. I’ll drive. Now, would you like something to drink? Tea? Coffee?
You.  Either one is fine. Whatever you’re having.
3. I’m OK for nowPeggy.  Would you like some more iced tea?
Nora.  No, thanks. Maybe later. I’ve got enough here.
Peggy.  Gosh, there were a lot of fries here. I still have some left. Would you like a few?
Nora.  I’m ok for now but I’m trying to cut down on thinks like fries. You didn’t have much salad. Take some of my carrots.
Peggy.  I’m ok for now . You know, they have the best chocolate cake here. You should try some.
Nora.  No thanks I’m     I’m trying to eat less sugar, too.
Peggy.  Oh, Well, are you going to have coffee?
Nora.  No thanks. May be later.
4. Let’s have some...1. Let’s have some ice cream. Would you like vanilla or strawberry?
    - Either one is fine. Whatever you’re having.
2. I’m getting hungry. Do you want something to eat?
    - Oh, I’m ok for now but thanks.
3. There cake and cookies gor dessert. Which would you like?
    - Oh, Either way, wich ever is easier.
4. I’m going to bake a pie. Do you prefer apple or peach?
    - Either way is fine. Wich ever you prefer.
5. I’m taking you to lunch today – my treat! Would you like Italian or Thai?
    - Either one is fine. What ever you’re having.
Lesson D: The world’s favorite snacks.
1.Food alternatives.
B:1.For puffy eyes, d        a. Wife vinegar on your skin.   
2.To get rid of pimples, f                 b. put baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt in it.
3.To lighten your hair, e                c. rub toothpaste and baking soda on it.
4.To treat a water strain on wood, c        d. place cucumber slices on them.
5.To unclog a drain, b                e. Comp lemon juice through it.
6.To deter biting pests, a                f. Put a little toothpaste on them.

2. Ethnic eateries.
Food Adventures:There are so many international restaurants in New York, you’ll never get bored with the same old food. There are many ethnic eateries in Manhattan, particularly downtown below 34th Street. For example, if you like Middle Eastern food, you can get falafel at Rainbow Falafel, just off onoin Square. If you’re craving Korean food, like bolgogi (beet barbecue), head to Koreatown, between 32 and 34th Streets. If you’re dying for treats from Argentina,     . empanades, Guachas on first Avenue is for you. Get the idea? So, if you need something different, or something from another culture, downtown Manhattan is a food-lover’s dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment